Okay well, I am in a city called Plovdiv for my first transfer! I don't know our exact address but it is on Boulevard Bulgaria! I will have to find that out and let you know! My companion is Elder Walker and he hadsabout 4 weeks left in the mission, so he has started to die a little bit but we are still getting solid work hours in! I did not tract after I called you because there just wasn't enough time left! It was so crazy! I have been out a couple of times since then though. Mostly we survey people on the Glav (the main street) and that is pretty fun! I actually do understand about 85% of the words people say but I just need to put together the sentences they are saying faster! I like talking to little kids because they don't have a huge vocabulary! and they are fun to tease.
Our new Mission President comes in this Friday and takes over on Saturday! He seems really cool though. Our church building, which is the only actual church building we have in Bulgaria, is on boulevard Mareetsa #138. I don't know if you will be able to find it! I have not actually taken out my camera yet so I will definitely do that tomorrow! I have seen so many stray dogs and cats, and a lot of Gypsy people taking things out of garbage cans and begging for money. We gave 37 Stoteenkee to a guy this morning. That’s about a quarter. Plovdiv has the biggest concentration of gypsies in the world they say! It’s so crazy! Also the food here is so good! I love Boneetsa and Keeslo Meelako which literarily means sour milk, but it is soooo good! I don't know how I lived without it before, and they have juice here that is sooooo good!
We missed our flight from Frankfurt to Sofia because the air conditioning broke on our 747 when we were trying to take off from DC. It was soooo hot for 2 hours!! So half of the group flew to Vienna then to Sofia and the other half waited for 8 hours in Frankfurt then flew to Sofia! I got to go to Vienna! it was super awesome!
I have an investigator whose name is Tony. She is so good! She asks questions about just about everything you can imagine! we were trying to teach her about the restoration but she got it so fast and started asking questions about the plan of salvation, like about the pre earth life and after death, and she is actually reading the Book of Mormon. It is so weird that we only ever really teach people in the church and usually lessons are really really short, but our lessons with Tony are usually 2-3 hours! She asks so many questions! She also came to church this Sunday! She said she enjoyed it! I’m so excited to teach her some more! Oh, she also is an English teacher so she speaks perfect English! :) In this cafe thing I am in, everybody is playing World of Warcraft. It is ridiculous!
Well I think we are either going bowling or go-cart racing today! Maybe both, or chasing cats? We do that every day anyway though! Well I’m about out of time so I love you mom! Have an awesome week!
No comments:
Post a Comment