Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Monday, July 16, 2012

July 16, 2012



Okay mom,
          You probably think it is hot there, but yesterday it was over 46 degrees here! that is about 117! There was a warning on the news to stay inside and it is supposed to be like that for about the next 2 weeks! So, I feel not bad for you guys :) I sweat through all of my clothes it is so hot! I’m pretty sure I have only sweat more in wrestling practices!  Anyway I knew Scott got home! I remembered when I woke up that morning and he had been home for just a few hours!
          We were teaching Tony and we were going to give her a baptism date this last Friday but... she texted us Thursday night and said she was in love with my trainer. She only wanted to go to church if he was there and he has only 2 weeks left! So, we are no longer teaching her :( now we have nooooo investigators. None of our people that we have gotten telephone numbers from have turned out for the past two weeks and we have gotten about 35. Bulgars will be nice to you in person but when you call them they can be pretty rude.
          I did go exploring! We hiked up to a statue in Plovdiv of a soviet soldier! The soviets freed the Bulgarians from the Turkish a while ago so that's why it is here. We could see the city all around and it was really cool! This week i am going to another little village called Assenofgrad and they have some ruins of castles! I should get some cool pictures!
          I got a new companion! So now there are three of us. He was one of the four elders that went to Turkey from Bulgaria! So he knows Turkish and Bulgarian but they got kicked out so they may or may not be able to go back after 3 months. He is pretty cool. He marched in the Davis High School band and played the tenors! So we talk about marching band sometimes. It was funny because I remembered the name of all his shows better than he did :)
           English class is good and I have made a deal with a girl to teach her English before class and she will help me learn Bulgarian faster. She is pretty cool! Her name is Mary and she is a 15 year old investigator who just needs her mom’s permission and then she will get baptized. She is super cool and really smart! She is not our investigator though.
          Well I think that is all for this week so now I will send you some pictures!
LOVE Elder Petersen

View from my Balcony

The second is my favorite drink banana juice! 
Who would think of such a thing? Bulgars would.

This is the Russian soldier that we hiked up to!

Me over the city up at the big Russian statue 

The friends we find in our apartment!
We have caught a few more since this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment