That's way cool that you got to go to New York City! I've
always thought it would be really cool to go there! and y'all figured
out the bus all by yourself! It's like when I figured out how to use the
Metro in Sofia, except I had to do it in Bulgarian! I always imagine
the sacred grove with lots of blooms and leaves and stuff. It's better
that way.
We had an interesting week. That is to say the least. We are
teaching a family right now, and I don't remember if I told you , but
they are not married. we went to see them on Thursday and talked to them
about the law of chastity and how then need to get married to
be baptized. they were in agreeance and they were even planning on
talking to a lady who is a judge to see what they could do about getting
married. We came back to visit them on Saturday, and it turns out there
are a lot of complications. The mother of the man doesn't want him to
get married because she think that the To be wife would just steal
everything that he has. So now if they get married, they will be kicked
out of their home and they will have to find something to do with 2 kids
no job and nowhere to live. It's pretty sad. We are still working with
them to see if we can find some way to keep their house and still get
baptized and everything. It's complex stuff.
Also this week we had the opportunity to travel to Sofia to
attend a baptism. It was very nice to see a lot of members that i know
from when i was there. It was nice to be able to speak to them in
Bulgarian as well, because when i was there i couldn't really speak to
well. I also got to see Stoyan, a member who i found and taught that got
baptized after i left. He has now become the Branch mission leader. I
have had a lot of members and other missionaries thank me for finding him
and teaching him. It feels really good!
Also this week, tracting (knocking on doors) has been banned in Burgas (my city). Now
we can't even be out after dark at all. It really makes it a little
harder to find some more people, but our safety is very important to the
mission president.
At church this week we had our other family come to church.
The mother with her 5 kids came and stayed for the first 2 hours. It was
a lot of fun being the primary leader, but 5 kids is a handful! Thanks mom for not killing all of us!
The weather has gotten warm again and I am actually wearing a short sleeve shirt for the first time since October! Isn't that great? :) I think so. Well that is all I have got for this week! I hope to hear more about things next week too! Give all my love!
Love,
Elder Petersen
The weather has gotten warm again and I am actually wearing a short sleeve shirt for the first time since October! Isn't that great? :) I think so. Well that is all I have got for this week! I hope to hear more about things next week too! Give all my love!
Love,
Elder Petersen
No comments:
Post a Comment