Bulgaria Sofia Mission
April 2012 ~ April 2014
Monday, September 24, 2012
9/10/2012
This week was pretty exciting here in Bulgaria! On Thursday it was Bulgaria day I guess! So nobody was working and everyone went out of the city and stayed in their villages for the weekend! That’s what people do here in Sofia, the city is surrounded by a bunch of little villages and EVERY Saturday and Sunday about 3/4 of the population all leaves the city and so it’s very dead! But, anyway, on Thursday it was a holiday so they all just figured the next day is Friday so they take that one off too! It’s very interesting logic but I can't say I disagree! Except there was no one to teach from Thursday until today!
We had a baptism this week! And by WE, I mean a companionship in this city baptized someone this week! It was super cool to see how very happy he was! And he only had to be dunked once! His name is Mario and he is a very lively guy who loves to joke and play with the missionaries but he also has a strong testimony.
I also am meeting with a member every Tuesday at 5 p.m. and she is giving me a Bulgarian lesson! She is so awesome! She has the strongest testimony I have ever seen and she LOVES to share it! Her name is Elka and she is pretty much the bomb! I’ll get a picture with her this week so I can send it to you!
I have been reading Jesus the Christ and I have just realized how much I don't know about things he did when he was on the earth! It is such a good book and it really helps us understand what Christ did and how to understand the atonement better! You should definitely read it!
In Sofia where I am at right now just in case you forgot. We play a lot of football (Soccer) on p-days! I never knew how much fun it was until I got here! I think I should have done that when I was growing up instead of other things because it is pretty much awesome! Plus I get to play with Europeans all the time and they are pretty much the best so I have to learn real fast like! ........yeah I’m pretty much out of things.... Love, Elder Petersen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment