Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Monday, November 5, 2012

Nov. 5, 2012


Mom,
     Sounds like Wood Badge was a great experience for you! Sorry if there are a lot of spelling mistakes today, I am really trying to hurry because we have a lot of stuff to get done! It’s great to hear that you were able to have the spirit there! It can really change the lives of people who feel it strongly!
     It really is terrible that that hurricane hit the coast. I am proud to know that most likely my father will help to restore power to those people and to help them in any way he can. What a great blessing to have such an amazing example for a father.
     Not too much happened this week, it seemed like it passed very quickly for me! The weeks seem to go faster and faster! The less I have to wonder what people are saying to me the faster the weeks go by! :)
     George our investigator is still very active in coming to EVERY activity! And he is smoking less and less but it is very difficult for him to quit. I have faith that he can get it! He came to our Halloween party and he had a pretty sweet mask on! He had made it that night and I am pretty jealous of it!
     Oh yeah, we had a Halloween party on Wednesday! It was a great success and about 25 people showed up. We played some little games and craved pumpkins. Then we had a dinner together and it felt like we were one big family. It was really great! The members here are more like a tight family than a branch! It really is great!
     This week also my companion got a phone call from one of the members who is having a trouble with smoking again. He handed me the phone and said talk to her because he was going to get a haircut. She was very upset and thought that she might never be worthy or clean again. I couldn't understand everything she was saying through her tears, but I knew all I could do was testify about the atonement. After about half an hour of talking with her and reassuring her of the power of Christ's forgiveness, she was calm. What a great power is the Holy Ghost!
     Well that’s all I have for this week! I’ll try to send you some pictures though!
Love,
Elder Petersen

Most of our party group! the one with the blue mask is our investigator!

Really foggy!

It was really foggy and my companion had a lazzzzzzer.

The sea


No comments:

Post a Comment