Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Monday, November 5, 2012

Oct 29, 2012

Mom,
     For some weird reason when I told you I would be serving in Burgas I didn't tell you that it is on the coast! My bad! Well yeah I live about 10 minutes’ walk from the beach, and we really enjoy playing beach volleyball in the mornings! Maybe I'll be as good as you one day! I live in an apartment that could fit into the living room of the apartment I was in last transfer, but it's okay because I can clean the whole thing in about 30 minutes!
     It's too bad that Highland isn't doing so hot this year. I thought they might have a chance! Karl needs to keep working hard anyway! He can be the greatest in the world! And hopefully one day we could go and do DCI together because it is pretty awesome!
     We have some really cool investigators here in Burgas! George is my favorite; he is the most patient man I have ever met, which is really good because I'm still not fluent in Bulgarian. He smokes, but he is making a lot of progress to quitting, and then he will be baptized! We have another whose name I can't pronounce, he is from Pakistan and he is super smart! The members here are also really great! There is an 86 year old lady who we call Bobche it means little grandma. She is the sweetest little old lady in the world! I’ll have to get some pictures with her! I couldn't help but love her when I first met her! She is truly great!
     I had my first opportunity to bless the sacrament in Bulgarian this week. I haven't really practiced the prayers before, but I said it pretty perfectly, and I didn't have to say it again! Also we took the sacrament to an older lady who can't come to church anymore. It was heart breaking to see this lady, who wants to come but doesn't have the strength.
     Well I’m out of things to tell you about this week, but I’ll send some pictures if this computer will let me!
Love,
Elder Petersen
Man i am glad to get out of Sofia! that air is gross!

Oh yeah i forgot to tell you that on our way to Burgas the tire of the bus exploded. The bus almost fell off a bridge, but the driver managed to react fast enough to save us. No big deal.
Elder Van here in burgas is from Florida and he wrestles, so we had few matches on the beach. I won, but not without a battle scar.


No comments:

Post a Comment