Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Monday, January 28, 2013

Mom
     My companions brother just got engaged. He has only be home for two weeks! How long has Scott been home now? If I'm not mistaken... about 6 months? I am almost to my 10 month mark! What happened with all that time? Beats me. Tell Scott he can't get married until I get home. I told him once but I think he blocked it out of his memory.
     We had Zone Conference this week and it was very good! Elder Per G. Malm from the 70 came and talked to us. He is the second counselor for the area that my mission is in. He is also the member of the 70 who talked in the MTC when I gave the prayer, if you will remember. It was pretty good to see him again although he did not recognize me. At the end of last year our mission was among the lowest in all the indicators for missionary work in our area. So far this year we are far outdoing everybody. It is amazing the work we can do by just being obedient and trusting in the direction of the mission president!
     This week at church we had a full building! President Wilstead was coming to visit our branch so we made an extra effort to get everybody that we could. Every missionary couple had investigators at church. Our 15 year old investigator brought a friend with her! She has also got permission from her father to continue taking the lessons. But since she only lives with her mom, we still need to be careful with how we proceed. Elder Parkinson and his companion had a family come! not just a normal family though, THEY HAD 5 KIDS! that is unreal for Bulgaria. It was super nice to see a "full" primary room! It was very much a joy!
     I hope all is going well at home! please don't forget about poor peanutbutterless Elder Petersen!
Love,
Elder Petersen
Pravoslav temple in Varna, Bulgaria.

The day before it snowed. It was about 16 degrees! so nice!

It snowed. We worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment