Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year's Day


Mom,
     This week was pretty interesting! I got to see ya'll which was really cool! I was kind of sad that Steph wasn't there. Just make sure she is there on Mothers day! I'll catch her then. Ciara is so big!! She won't even know who I am though, so that is pretty sad.
     We don't have any more snow here (thank goodness) so we have been able to walk around and talk to people some more. We have met some really promising people for teaching the gospel too, but we have had to wait until after new year. Everyone is celebrating so they don't have time to meet right now. Oh which reminds me, We were tracting in a block on Saturday night when we talked to a man who said he had no interest at all. I'm pretty sure he was a little drunk as well. After we had knocked on some more doors, he came walking down the stairs and asked who let us in. We told him the door was opened (because it was) and he told us we had no rights to be doing knocking on doors and talking about Jesus. After we discussed with him for a few minutes that we did actually have the right, He calmly showed us the pistol in his pocket and persuaded us to leave the complex. Some people are just not very nice!
     For New Years they celebrate by launching off lots of fireworks. LOTS OF FIREWORKS. There is no such thing as illegal fireworks here, so everyone has as much as they can afford. From about 11:50 to 12:15 it just sounded like a war. People were just throwing firecrackers louder than I have ever heard out of their windows and launching stuff everywhere. It was pretty exciting. We were required to be in at 5 pm to be safe. We made biscuits and gravy and it was super good!
     I'm having trouble thinking of anything else way cool to tell you, except we have another baptism on Saturday! Not my companionship, but in Burgas. And also English lessons will start on that same day! It is pretty exciting! Well give my love to all!
Love,
Elder Petersen

No comments:

Post a Comment