Bulgaria Sofia Mission April 2012 ~ April 2014

Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013


MOM,

     My companion is Elder Breeze, from Indianapolis Indiana. He is a trombone player! How cool right? Two companions in a row that play trombone! We have quite a bit in common if you can imagine.
Pleven is nice. It is really hot here! I miss the breeze from the black sea, but at least I have another breeze with me! Elections are coming up on the 12th (mother's day!) So we have been a little more restricted in what we can do and how much we can talk to people and stuff, so we have spent some time walking around the city and handing out candy to everyone! It is a lot of fun and it's nice to see someone who is looking down get lifted up by some candy! We actually met a really nice lady and had a lesson with her because we were handing out candy!
     Our branch here is a lot smaller than the one in Burgas, but they are still strong. We have about 20 active members and we are working very hard to active the rest of them! Give us some prayers!
     We got invited to our landlords place yesterday, and we had dinner with her and a couple of her cousins. It was very nice! There is a very cool tradition here in Bulgaria, on Easter (that was yesterday) after they paint eggs, they each grab one and hit them together to see which one will break first. It was a lot of fun battling eggs!
     Well I don't have much more stories yet, but I can send you some pictures! I love you mom and happy moms day!

Love,
Elder Petersen

Sea Garden Burgas

Burgas Sea Garden

These are everywhere in the Sea Garden

We call this the Jedi Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment