Tyler's letter starts with a request I made for him to share about his life in the MTC.
Every Sunday we have breakfast at 6:30 and Sacrament meeting at 8! Everybody has to prepare a talk for every Sacrament and you find out who talks 2 minutes before you talk. It’s a pretty nerve racking experience. Then we have a lot of personal study time and we just found out we can go to Music and the Spoken Word with the cectra so me and my new companion will be doing that next week. My companion from Canada never showed up and they moved him into the next group of Bulgarians. So I got moved rooms and I am now companions with Elder Sanft who is our District Leader. He is a really cool guy. Anyway after music and the word we have Priesthood for an hour and then lunch! Then more study time and then we have a District meeting and then study time and dinner. Then every Sunday we have a devotional with the whole MTC and we get a cool speaker, this week it was the MTC Service President. And I got a seat on the floor! Oh also before the devotional I go on splits with another Elder so I can be in the MTC choir, but more about that later. Then we go to watch videos from past Tuesday devotionals. Sometimes we watch the Legacy. Then we go to bed. Every Monday we get up at 6:20 and get breakfast then go to the Temple. They open this Temple on Monday just for missionaries! Super cool. Then we have until dinner to do laundry and write letters and nap and... do other crazy things that we do! I will send you pictures very soon! Tuesdays is a regular day with two 3 hour long class sessions and 1 hour of language study. But every Tuesday night we have a Tuesday devotional where we ALWAYS get one of the 70 or an apostle to come and talk! Last week we have Russell M. Nelson! I joined the choir because they perform every Tuesday for this devotional and it guarantees that I get a very good seat in the middle of the room because I am a tenor. Also I learned that the week after I leave (June 19) that all the apostles and the first presidency will be wandering campus because it is the new mission president training! Crazy right? I might break my ankle just to be here and extra week :) JK. Wednesday Thursday Friday and Saturday are the same as Tuesday just without the devotional! So about the whole language thing... yes I can read and write it and speak it with a GREAT accent but I can read a whole lot of words that I don't know the meaning to yet. But I am learning a lot of rules to the language and it is a lot to stuff into my brain! Get dad to write me emails! And send me Dear elder letters because those are super awesome. Also you can send those to me in Bulgaria because the mail system there is so unreliable. I can write you a letter in all Bulgarian tonight though! It probably will not be that long but I can do my best!
I see Devin just about every meal and I guess he is a zone leader! I only saw Elder Finn twice though and I might be able to see him when all the Elders go into the room of the leaving Elders and sing God be with you till we meet again really, really loud. It’s great fun. I am running low on time because they switched to an honor system for the half hour of email every p-day and I think I am about there! Oh the worst thing happened last night! We are not allowed to trade ties anymore! Sad! But we have been asked to obey with exactness so I won’t anymore but I did get some cool ones last week! I plan on bringing an extra suitcase home completely filled with ties and a couple sweet suits I pick up in Bulgaria because they are cheap and AWESOME!!! Also I get to call you from the Salt Lake airport when I leave for my 30 hour travel to Bulgaria! So be expecting that about the 19th of JUNE!
Thanks a ton and I love you!
ctapeweha Petersen
(Elder)
No comments:
Post a Comment