So this Thursday was the marker for my half way point through the MTC! We played cards and had chips and dip. The last two weeks are when you get to host which is where you show the new Missionaries what to do and stuff. Devin is leaving this Wednesday and I am going to watch them and they are going to do the Hakka (I think that is how it is spelled) I have yet to receive anything from Steph but I want to see some of her sweet pictures~! I sent her and Karl a stamp each so they better send me letters! We have heard so much about Bulgaria! I’m never going to come home! :) Now that my companion is not the District Leader, he has made a noticeable change, and now we are late to classes regularly, because he take time doing stupid things like shaving his legs :(.
I had a great inspiration last night. We were all in bed talking about how to show possession in Bulgarian, and then it all just made sense! It was so awesome! We got to see L. Tom Perry! He is so big! The only way we get to shake their hands is if we are one of the two people in the entire MTC who gets picked to say one of the prayers. So I probably will never get to! I don’t know if I am really supposed to pick a favorite speaker, but Elder Holland is so inspirational! I don't think you can watch the talks given in the MTC... but they are sooooo amazing! I love to listen to Elder Holland. We have been told that he is about due for a visit to the MTC, and that would be so awesome!
Our mission is all of Bulgaria and part of Turkey! The Turkey part just opened! There are 4 missionaries there I think. They had to learn Turkish in 12 days! They must have been really blessed by the gifts of the spirit! There are currently 48 missionaries in Bulgaria, and ten will leave when we get there, so I will probably eventually be a companion with someone I am with here in the MTC. Here in the MTC our district is 10, all Bulgarians; 4 sisters and 6 elders. Our Zone is like 30 missionaries; us, the Polish missionaries, and constantly changing English speaking missionaries. I won’t find out if my Visa went through until a couple weeks before I leave. There are some missionaries that were in our last Bulgarian group that are still states side because their Visas didn’t go through yet. One of the elders is Elder Sanstrom. He is in Virginia right now. It’s crazy how much we have heard about that elder. Kaitlin wrote me a letter about him because her friend knows him, and another one of our elders is somehow related to him. It’s so crazy!
EVERY P-day we go to the temple, except it is going to be closed next week for some reason. We always have a temple walk on Sunday, but they have threatened to take it away because there have been people standing outside the MTC with crosses talking to us as we go by. It is really weird because they are not saying anything against us... it is very strange but we are not supposed to talk to them or anything, so we just sing hymns when we walk by. The stupid picture machine has not been working, so I couldn’t get pictures for you, but they should be here sometime this week! I need to write Scott, so I must go! All is well here, and I love you mom!
I found it interesting reading Tyler's comments about Elder Holland. His brother, Elder Scott Petersen, mentioned Elder Holland in his e-mail today as well. "Elder Holland is coming to speak to us on the 2nd of June. I'm excited for that. It should be good, as he is a very powerful speaker."
ReplyDelete