Hi mom,
We got transfer calls again this last week! I will be headed to Sofia for this next few months probably! I'm not really excited to serve in Sofia because it feels like a really big city. I guess it has more people than all of Idaho... Plovdiv is perfect for me because it is a big city but it feels like Poctaello! I can walk from one end to the other in about an hour. I wish I could just stay here for two years! My companion will be Elder Ferwerda. Should be cool!
This last week I said goodbye to my English class and we took pictures. They are pretty upset that Me and Elder Parkinson are leaving because now they will have other greenies teaching them. Oh well. Also there will now be sisters in Plovdiv. I had to buy a new apartament for the city and I was hoping I would get to live in it, but the sisters are taking it and I am getting kicked out of the city! :)
Ah the rowing competition was pretty cool. We only went there a couple of time because it is on the edge of the city so it is a long walk. We talked to alot of foreigners on the mainstreet though and they were all very nice. We got to talk to a TON of Americans and that was super awesome. Mostly becaus I got to show off my Bulgarian :) Which I still cannot speak\understand. I'm pretty sure I have actually gotten worse since I departed from the MTC! :)
Also this week me and my companion looked on our map and saw a HUGE park and decided we wanted to go contacting there! It was going to be perfect! It was called Grobishte Park. We walked for about 35 minutes and we could see where the park was over a big wall so we asked a Bulgarian couple how we could get into it.
They said it was around the corner and down the street, so we walked for about another half hour and we finally found the entrance... But the only people in the park were six feet under. We came to find out that grobishte means cemetery in Bulgarian. OOPS.
Today marks 2 months in Buglaria! and 4 months out on my mission! super crazy huh? Wel I'll send some pictures now!
Love Elder Petersen
No comments:
Post a Comment